We have a tiny staff, and historically have enjoyed low turnover, so that full-time employment opportunities are rare. However, we are searching for our next Administrative Associate!
Position Type: Administrative
Location: Trenton, NJ
Duration: Full-Time (may include evenings and weekends)
Salary Range: $25,000 – $30,000 (Healthcare and Dental provided)
Start Date: Immediately
Primary Purpose: To provide administrative support to Passage’s managing director and artistic director.
Nature of Work: Reporting to the Managing Director and Artistic Director, this position exercises a high level of professionalism and organization while completing administrative tasks; support collaborations and problem solving; assist with relationships with donors, patrons, community stakeholders, Board members, volunteers, consultants, and production artists. This is a high volume position and requires the ability to work under pressure in a fast paced work environment, maintaining balance while meeting deadline is a must. We are a team of hard working and respectful individuals that enjoy collaboration, the ideal candidate must possess these qualities.
Responsibilities: As the Administrative Associate, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- Coordinate general office, procedures, filing systems, and supplies;
- Coordinate and manage phone and in-person communication with patrons including subscribers, donors, volunteers and Board members;
- Assist with Board meetings and document preparation;
- Properly manage ticket and donor database records;
- Manage employee files, document tracking and scheduling;
- Coordinate strategic activities for interns and volunteers;
- Coordinate accounts receivable/payable, bank deposits and purchase orders;
- Assist with grant preparation and submission;
- Coordinate and manage digital and print correspondence and campaigns;
- Coordinate and manage press relations, website and social media;
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of the Administrative office, box office and the front of house at the Mill Hill Playhouse.
Skills: The ideal candidate for this position must be or have:
- Detail oriented, organized, neat and multitasker;
- Communicate effectively organizational policies and procedures
- Must have experience with database management. (Experience with Patron Manager/Sales Force’s ticketing and donor system a plus);
- Minimal desktop publishing or design skills a plus;
- Experience with scheduling;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Experience with WordPress and web maintenance;
- Skilled in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Publisher); and
- A car with a valid driver’s license.
Education: A Bachelors degree, or equivalent; expertise in arts administration a plus.
Experience: Must have prior work experience or training in arts administration.
Submit cover letter, resume and references to Damion Parran at firstname.lastname@example.org.