Job, Production, and Casting Opportunities
Passage is always looking for enthusiastic, talented people to join our staff, production teams, and casts. Please see below for current opportunities.
Community Engagement Consultant
Passage is currently looking for a Community Engagement Consultant to start after September 1st. Our ideal candidate should have local ties to Trenton and Mercer County. They will be responsible for continuing and developing new relationships with schools, service organizations, and churches, throughout our community.
Passage is always looking for skilled carpenters, electricians, and painters to work on our shows. If interested, please send your resumé to our Production Manager, Brishen Miller, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested designers and directors can send resumés and/or portfolios to our Artistic Director, Ryanne Domingues, at email@example.com.
Passage Theatre Company in Trenton, NJ is currently accepting union and nonunion actor submissions for its upcoming production of SURELY GOODNESS AND MERCY, written by Chisa Hutchinson and directed by marcus d. harvey. Details are as follows:
Actors may email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org any time through midnight on Friday, January 29, 2021. Please record a 2-minute contemporary, dramatic monologue and either attach it to your email or send it as a link. Please also attach your headshot and resume to the email, and place SURELY GOODNESS AUDITION in the subject line.
- Deadline for video submission is midnight on January 29
- Notification of a callback appointment will be sent by February 5
- Online Callback Appointments on February 11 and 13
- Online, Zoom Rehearsals and Recording run from March 8-12
- In-Person Rehearsals and Recording on March 13th only
- Opening night video followed by “live” Zoom talkback with actors on March 19
- Video available to view online from March 19-23
Contract type: AEA SPT Tier 3, $364/wk plus health, pension, transportation
All rehearsals and performances for SURELY GOODNESS AND MERCY will be held online or at a TBA location in Trenton, NJ with proper COVID procedures in place. In-person time will be limited to only one day.
Show Summary: This story follows an odd, but bright little boy named Tino who befriends Bernadette, the lunch lady at his school. Through quick conversations, a few moments of grace, and the help of their sassy friend Deja, both Tino and Bernadette learn about the strength hiding within themselves and what it means to truly care for another.
***Please note that the roles of Principal/Preacher and Alneesa/Teacher will be doubled.
- Tino 12, Black, Male
- An oddball who gets picked on a lot at school. He’s brilliant but diffident, so accustomed to being beat down or “put in his place” that he doesn’t know how to engage people if it’s not awkwardly.
- Teacher 30’s – 40’s, Any but probably African American, Any (but probably Female)
- Voiceover. More important for her to seem right than be right. Doubled with the role of Alneesa.
- Principal 40’s – 60’s, POC, Any
- Voiceover. Probably started this job as an idealist, but is now just trying to get through the day without throwing a kid out the window. Doubled with the role of Preacher.
- Preacher 40’s – 60’s, Black, Male
- Voiceover. Sincere, urgent, full of fire. Doubled with the role of Principal.
- Deja 12, Black, Black Puerto Rican – American, African-American or Latinx, Afro-Latinx, Female
- A bit of a bulldozer and a little rough around the edges– like even her love can be abrasive– but she’s ride-or-die loyal.
- Bernadette late 50’s-mid 70’s, Black, Female
- No-nonsense. No edit button either. Done with these kids. Except for Tino. He’s alright.
- Alneesa 30’s, Black, Female
- Tino’s aunt. Real wry sense of humor that often borders on cruelty. She’s justifiably resentful over having to take care of a kid that she didn’t ask for. Doubled with the role of Teacher.